To provide a preschool where young children engage in group experiences before entering the elementary school, where emphasis is placed on the growth and development of the child and parent together, and where cooperation and exchange of ideas among members is encouraged.
Dexter Co-op goals are to provide your preschool child with the kind of environment and varied experiences that will encourage him or her to:
- Develop a positive self-image and sense of security as he or she relates to other children and adults.
- Discover his or her interests by exploring his or her world.
- Learn to work and play cooperatively with other children in a large group.
- Maintain health and physical development by providing the chance to improve coordination, balance, speed, grace, and strength.
- Grow in a friendly, relaxed, accepting environment.
- Broaden social contacts with other children and adults.
- Develop a sense of responsibility, independence, self-direction, and self-control.
Dexter Cooperative Nursery School admits students of any race, color, sex, handicap, national and ethnic origin to all of the rights privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Dexter Cooperative Nursery School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, handicap, national or ethnic origin in administration of their educational policy, admissions policy, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school administered programs